Sunday, February 12, 2012

Parisian Perspectives #3

Baby Oil and I are still thriving in America, eating as many bagels as possible and speaking English with everyone we see. And I mean everyone.  Yesterday I got a Thai massage (so, it's possible that I made a massage appointment based on a magazine recommendation and didn't bother to read enough to realize that it would be a Thai massage) and today I am sore.  Very sore.  Wan, my Thai masseuse, assured me that after today I would feel much better.  Hopefully I'll get some more mall-walking in so I can continue to (over)eat delicious American food.  

The third Parisian Perspective is an American expat mom of one.  She's married to a Frenchman and has been here almost four years.  They live in the 9th arrondissement.

Favorite dinner spot? A gaggle of restaus by Bastille
Favorite Sunday afternoon activity in Paris? Walking by the Seine/exploring a new neighborhood/walking through Montmartre - only if we're not having a 6 hour lunch with my in-laws
Favorite French luxury brand? Chanel
Favorite place to visit in France, outside of Paris? Aix-en-Provence


Favorite place to visit in Europe, outside of France? London, Spain, Italy
Grand magasin of choice? Bon Marche
Favorite perfume? Fresh
Favorite place to buy gifts for folks who don't live in France? Cheese shops.


Best baguette in Paris? We get ours at the corner bakery...can't be troubled to go too far out of the way for a daily necessity.
Favorite French dessert? Currently the Merveilleux


Favorite French cheese? All.
Favorite museum in Paris? Aside from the one where I am about to start working, and the one that almost hired me and then didn't, and the Louvre, and the Pompidou... I love the Musee de la Vie Romantique for its tea garden. Also the Rodin museum for photo opps. And the Musee de la Chasse. For the taxidermy...
Musee de la Vie Romantique

3 words that describe Paris? Have you seen those t-shirts that say "I heart rien"? That's pretty good.